For this tag, I am required to share my favourite seven blog posts from 2018 as well as sharing seven things that I loved about 2018 and seven things that I am looking forward to in 2019.
So let’s get started! - I'm including a mix of my own posts and guest writers who contributed to my blog during 2018.
Number 1 - A Blood Clot In My Lung.
This tells the story of my brush with death in March, when I - as the title suggests - was rushed into hospital with a blood clot in my lung.
Number 2 - Time To Talk About Mental Health.
An introductory post from February, to my mental health issues, which also links to a guest post I wrote for a major mental health blog.
Number 3 - Antiques With A Touch Of The Paranormal
A fascinating guest post about haunted antiques! Ye, you read that right...it's about a specialist centre for investigating haunted antiques, which is thought to be the only one of its kind in the UK.
Number 4 - The Truth About The Lies
For several years a handful of people I clashed with on Twitter when I was involved in an anti-online bullying campaign, have been spreading lies about me, twisting innocent situations, and gaslighting to make me out to be the bad guy.
This blog post saw me break my silence on what was a very hurtful situation which was affecting my mental health. In it, I offer to give full and frank answers to anyone who may be tempted to believe the outlandish allegations.
Number 5 - The Five Vs And the Three Ps
A guest post from Leicestershire's Police and Crime Commissioner, Lord Willy Bach.
Number 6 - Summer Sun And Mental Health
Another guest post, looking at the specific mental health issues that summertime can bring.
Number 7 - You Really Don't Want To Get Hold Of The Wrong End Of the Stick. Believe Me, You Don't
My final selection is a post looking at the origins of some of our oldest and most enigmatic sayings.
- Visiting some wonderful countries I hadn't been to before, including Vietnam, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Jodie Whittaker becoming the 13th Doctor in Doctor Who.
- Making what appears to be a full recovery from that pesky blood clot in my lung.
- Growing my mental health network on Twitter
- The publication of my fifth paperback - my short story collection, Thunderlands
- The growing popularity of my column, having moved it to a different magazine.
- Getting my weekends back, after deciding to put my fiction on hold.
- Visiting more new countries, including India and the Andaman Islands in a couple of months.
- Meeting more Twitter friends in real life
- Following my son's adventures on his incredible round-the-world trip
- Preparing at the end of the year to meet up with my son for a few days in Australia early in 2020, before we embark on a cruise from Sydney.
- More barefoot hikes in the summer.
- Developing new recipes for my passion of cooking.
- Not having to mow my front and back lawns, having had artificial grass laid.
Mixed Up Mummy: http://amixedupmummy.blogspot.com/
DM Cain: https://dmcain84.com/blog/